Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Same Lolita Two Ways

I really admire all the lovely black and white images that I see around. I wanted to try doing my own. I used the C series gray Copics to color 30's Lylah. I used papers from my stash that were perfect for a black and white card. I added faux black stitches around the image.

I decorated the inside of the card using the leftover papers. Check out Rhonda's challenge to decorate the outside and inside at The Latte Lounge.

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
1. Tickled Pink #9 - sewing
2. Digis with Attitude #20 - anything
goes
3. Cardmadfairy's Digi Days #3 - glitz and glamour - I think black and white is very glamourous and I love the silver butterflies on this paper.
5. Craft Your Days Away #15 - black and white


I made a card using the same image, but I wanted to see the effect of a bright accent color. I think red goes perfectly with black and white. I colored 30's Lylah with Copics. I tried to make her hair and hat shiny on this card. I added red Stickles to her hat band as well.

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
1. Make it Colourful #9 - color with shine
2. One Stop Craft Challenge #121 - black and white +1
3. The Crafty Pad #111 - use a ribbon
4. Paper Sundaes #59 - stripes
5. Craft Your Passion #48 - anything goes

Please consider voting for my digi scrap kit Bella Luna - just "like" the preview. You can find the details here.

Happy Crafting!

Jennifer

19 comments:

lalkygirl said...

2 superb cards ,i love that girly image and the monochrome look ,very glam
thanks for joining us at digi days and good luck
tracey x

Anonymous said...

Ooo this is fabulous! Love that pop of red on your monochromatic card! Gorgeous image and coloring! Thanks for joining us at Make It Colourful! hugs, Angela

Stef H said...

these are awesome. the plain b&w is stunning and the red on the other one just pops! great job!!!

hugs :)

Dawn said...

Two great cards! Love what you did!
Thanks for sharing with us at Digi's With Attitude!
Hugs
Dawn xxx

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

I love both of these...but I really love the one with the touch of red! Makes it just pop!

thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Crystal said...

Great cards, it's so neat to see the different one with the accent of red! Really makes the image pop! Thanks for playing along in Paper Sundaes "Stripes" Challenge :)

Sonya said...

I love the black and white as well, and realy must have a go. I LOVE that you have added a touch of red to your image, looks super!

Dori Shelton said...

These are both fabulous cards. I adore the image and the different ways you used it on the cards

Rach said...

wow, two fabulous cards. thank you for playing along with my sketch @ friday sketchers. hugs rachxx

Francesca said...

What A great card

Thanks for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge

Hugs
Francesca

Debbie said...

Fabby cards - Lolita looks great on both of them. :)
Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad challenge this week. :)

Debbie The Crafty Pad

Unknown said...

Aww WOW Gorgeous work for both of your cards!! I love them both:-) Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful cards with us at Tickled Pink Stamps Challenges this week:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Jeanette Wallén said...

Fantastic cards and gorgeous colouring! I love the black and white!!

Thanks for joining us at Tickled Pink Stamps Challenge!

/ Jeanette

sammi said...

Fabulous cards! How fun to see the image done two different ways! Awesome comparison! Thank you for sharing it with us at Craft Your Passion, in our "anything goes" challenge.

Unknown said...

Awww these are so cute, love that stamp, she is adorable xxx

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous pair of cards, the second looks so different with the splash of colour. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our black & white challenge, good luck xxx

Shirl said...

That gorgeous colouring Jennifer! The shine on the hair and hat is definitely spot on!

Glad you're colouring with us at Make it Colourful this week :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great cards! Love them both!

Amanda said...

Lovely cards and great colouring - thanks for joining in with our Black and White challenge at Craft Your Days Away.

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda