Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My First Box Card



I was totally inspired by Kathrin's project for the Magnolia Down Under 2nd Birthday Celebration. I'd never made a box card like this before and I thought I'd give it a try. I didn't attempt all the wonderful goodies Kathrin has in her box.

I guessed at the dimensions of a box and lid that would fit a Tilda inside. I used papers from DCWV's Glitter Stack. I added bows on top from seam binding (just got some in the mail!)

I colored Tilda with Copics using pink and purple. I cut her out and attached her to a bent paper clip. I buried her in flowers to hide the paperclip.

I'd like to enter this project in the following challenges:
1. Magnolia Down Under #87 - use two - I used two ribbons, two DPs (one had several patterns on it), and 2 colors for Tilda (pink and purple).
2. Simon Says - Anything Goes
3. Fab 'n Funky #63 - make it girly
4. Cute Card Thursday #155 - Happy Birthday
Happy Crafting!

Jennifer

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this card!! You did a great job!! Blessings and hugs!!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

So pretty!

Thanks for joining us on our "Flowers for Mum" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Kelly - Peace Love Lacquer said...

This is so fab!! Great job on just "guessing" ;)

Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter, hope to see you again soon! :)

~Kelly

Rhonda Miller said...

Great job Jen. I just love it.

downrightcrafty said...

beautiful flowers for mum, thanks for sharing with us at the SCSC
Hugs Kate x

Julie said...

Such an adorable explosion box! Thank you for celebrating with us at Cute Card Thursday!

Julie

Debbie Dolphin said...

Oh so beautiful xxx
Thankyou so much for playing along with us at MDUC
Love Debbie xxx

Kruemel said...

Oh I love your box! The colors are so fresh and spring-ish and Tilda looks so beautiful standing there between those wonderful flowers!


Thanks for joining our anniversary challenge at MDUC!

Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel