This is my last crafting before going back to work tomorrow. I had a nice afternoon in the craft room. I spent a bunch of time cleaning up and then got busy with some cardmaking.
I had good news this morning. My card is in the top three at Cupcake Inspirations. I'm really proud of this card, so this was especially exciting news for me.
My first card uses the free card template from the Simon Says Challenge. I used one of my favorite images from Pollycraft. I colored the image with Copics. The papers are from my Dots Paper Pack; they reminded me of the bubbles in champagne. I used a silver doily to make the top and added pink ribbon, a blue button (which you can't see in the pic) and a purple ribbon rose.
I was inspired by Corry's Fussy and Fancy DT project to make a matching bow. I made a matching bow from my Dots Paper Pack. I just printed one paper on side and a different paper on the other. I used this tutorial to make the bow. However, the tutorial required a larger than letter sized piece of paper, so I just shortened each measurement by 1" and it worked great!I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
1. Fussy and Fancy Friday #27 - celebration gift and matching card
2. Simon Says Challenge - time to party/celebrate
3. One Stop Craft Challenge #112 - new beginnings
4. Ellephantastic #22 - new beginnings
5. Creative Cowgirls #3 - something new - I tried a new technique to make the bow.
So, I have a hard time resisting a sale. I hit the 7 Kids College Fund Christmas sale and got some great new stamps to play with. This is Magnolia is one of them. I colored the image using Copics. The papers are from DCWV and a freebie from Cardmaking and Papercraft. The sentiment is from the freebie, too.
1. Friday Sketchers #135 - sketch
2. Just Magnolia #87 - anything goes
3. Really Reasonable Ribbon #15 - something new plus ribbon - the stamp is new.
4. Totally Tilda #13 - ribbons and roses
5. Creative Inspirations #50 - use something new