Sunday, April 24, 2011

Wedding Memories Book

I was busy in the craft room yesterday. I wanted to try some new things and some new papers. I have two projects to show. I'm going to show the first one in this post and then the next one in the next post 'cause I can't wait to share when I get things done!

This project is a wedding journal/memory book. I was inspired by Carrie's brag book. All of the papers in this project are JLJ Designs and they're available in my Artfire Store.

The cover features Cherrie with Rose from Tickled Pink Stamps. I stamped her on Cryogen White paper, which I like much more than the basic cardstock I had been using. I colored her with Copics. I followed the Tickled Pink guest designer call sketch and I'm entering her for that challenge. Boy would that be a dream come true - keep your fingers crossed for me! I added some Valentine's embellies to finish the front - including a rub-on from the darling Melissa!

Much of the inspiration for this project came from The Stamping Boutique Scrapbook News and Review Group's Royal Wedding weekend challenges. It's not too late to get one of the great freebies! Challenge #3 is red, white, and blue and that's perfect for the next page in my book. I featured The Stamping Boutique's Flower Cart. I love this image in red, white, and blue. I put a black and white version in the corner of the journal page as well. This page is also entered in the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #99 flowers.


The next page has an envelope pocket and a journal page. I used balloons from The Stamping Boutique's Birthday Set. I took inspiration from Royal Wedding Challenge #2 Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue. My something old and blue is the digi paper that I used and my something new is the balloon digi. I colored the images with crayons that I borrowed from Peanut : )

The next page features AJ the Groom and Bride Audrey, which were very generous freebies for the Royal Wedding weekend. I colored them with Copics.

Here's a pocket page for keepsakes.

The next page is to journal about the ceremony. I used Church Background to create a background on the left page. This was my first attempt at Annika's sky coloring technique. It's much darker than I would like because I don't have any pale blue Copics. However, I think it has a neat stained glass effect.

The next page is blank to place a picture and has another pocket page:

The last page is all about the reception. This week at Farm Fresh Challenge it's all about the digital. I used The Greeting Farm's 50s Sweetheart Digi. I think they're all about partying!
So, that's the whole book! I'm glad you hung in with me to the end. I'd like to enter the whole project in the following challenges:
1. Crafty Cardmakers #44 - royal wedding
2. Fab 'n Funky #69 - here comes the bride
4. Creative Inspirations #58 - digi day - these are all digi images and papers!

Peanut's napping now, so I'm off to the craft room. I'll be back later with my other big project.

Happy Crafting!

Jen

7 comments:

Unknown said...

O wow Jen, this is totally fabulous, love how you coloured Cherrie.. what a coincidence was just colouring mine .... with black hair too :)) Good luck for the GDT Call at Tickled Pink. Big hugs xxx

PS Did I tell you I sent you the goodies? Not sure I told you, but I did it finally last week he he xxx

Gorse Auto Detailing said...

Oh My! Jen!
This is AWESOME!! I am also working on a "Memory Book" but you have inspired my to get my butt in gear and get it finished! Yours is TERRIFIC!!!

Stacie

Cor* said...

O my gosh! this is super! Wicked awesome book with a little extra on each page. Best of luck with the GDt call! i love that image! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this time round.

Ginny said...

how cute is this, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

heidy said...

Wow,what a great memorie book,love it!!
Thanks for joining fab'n'funky this week
Heidy

Laney said...

Fabulous creation Jen!!!
Love it!!
Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this time hope to see you again
hugs
laney

Deb said...

wow super creation with so many fabulous pages, thanks so much for joining our "Digi Day" challenge at Creative Inspirations
Debs
xxx