Sunday, April 24, 2011

Asian Travel Journal

Here's my second big project as promised. This one is an Asian themed travel journal. I really love the Bon Voyage Tildas, particularly the Asian inspired ones. I got a journal from Michael's and went to town.

I'll start with the front cover where I used Japanese Tilda stamped on Cryogen White. I colored her with Copics. I followed the sketch at Just Magnolia #103. Since it's a journal, I didn't want to have too much on the cover that could fall off, so I embellished with some stickers.

On the inside front cover I used Indian Tilda and the sketch this week at Magnolia Down Under #93. I used some travel die cuts and buttons to embellish the page. The paper is from DCWV's Citrus Stack, a recent acquisition. On the first page, there's a tag with space to detail the trip. I added pocket pages throughout the journal, but I didn't include pictures here.

On the inside back cover, I used Chinese Tilda and the sketch from IC Sketches #111. On a side note, they have a fantastic blog hop going on. The sentiment behind Tilda says "A travel adventure has no substitute. It is the ultimate experience, your one big opportunity for flair."

Here's the back cover. I fell in love with the Japanese set from Prairie Fairy and had to get them. I replaced the drawn strings with baker's twine.

I'd like to enter this project in the following challenges (other than the sketches in the text above):
1. Digis with Attitude #23 - Asian theme
2. The Crafty Pad #118 - circles - two of the images are cut with circles, the parasol is a circle, and the lamps are circular.

Happy Crafting!

Jen

14 comments:

sammi said...

Fabulous journal, Jen! What a great idea! Thank you so much for playing along with us in our Asian challenge at Digi's With Attitude!

Jessica Theodore said...

This is a beautiful work of art, thanks so much for joining in at ICS this week xx

Jill said...

What a sweet journal, lovely pages everyone of them! Thanks for joining in at ICS this week. Jill GD

Dawn said...

Great Journal! Lot's of little circles around!
Thank you for playing in The Crafty Pad Circles Challenge this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Vicky said...

This is fabulous love how you've used 3 different Tilda's I keep meaning to decorate a book, its one of those things on my to do list. The ones that always seem to get longer but never shorter.....or is that just mine lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

AN said...

Wau-aivan ihana kirjanen tähän ICS-haasteeseen
Kiitos paljon osallistumisesta tällä viikolla -toivottavasti näemme sinut myös ensiviikolla! :)
Onnea arvontaan
Ihanaa ja aurinkoista päivän jatkoa sinulle sinne!

Susie Little said...

Beautiful make, Thank you for playing at ICS this week, I hope you remembered to join the hop too!xx

Debbie said...

Aww this is just beautiful what a fabulous keepsake - thank you for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad challenge this week. :)
Debbie The Crafty Pad Designs

Dawn♥ said...

Oh my goodness what a super cute journal. Love what you've done with the sketch from ICS. Thanks for joining our blog hop. Good luck. Dawn♥

Nicola said...

Amazing... This is such a cool journal and just love how you have used the ICS sketch. Mnay thanks for joining us at ICS. Nicola xx

Stacy said...

Love the asian feel to it! Coming from asia, I think i fell in love with the notebook you made. Great work! Thank you for joining us at ICS!
Hugs, Stacy

Kylie said...

Oh WOW! You have been busy! I love all of the pages. Terrific work.
Thanks for playing at MDUC this week,
Hugs
Kylie xx

Stampin'Piper said...

Wonderful project! Love the colors!

Thanks so much for joining our Magnolia Down Under Sketch Challenge this week!

Hugs Tanja

Jane said...

Gorgeous card! the back is so beautiful too! thanks for joining us at MDUC, hugs, Jane x