Saturday, April 30, 2011

Make It Colourful - Black and White with a Dash of Red

We have a fun challenge at Make It Colourful this week - black and white with a dash of red. We're sponsored this week by Tiddly Inks.

For me, Make It Crafty's Ginger the Housewife and the Kitchen wall just screamed at me for this challenge. I wanted to create a black and white kitchen and put Ginger in a red dress. I merged the images and added a sentiment and printed them out on Make It Crafty paper. I used the C- series of grey copics and R29, 27 and 24 for her red dress.

I also played with the Make It Crafty Swirly Corners. I've never played with something like these before. I decided to coat them with silver glitter glue and I really like the effect. I liked them so much I used them on the inside too!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
1. Top Tip Tuesday #31 - squares
2. Party Time Tuesdays #13 - anything goes
3. Simon Says - anything goes

Happy Crafting!

Jen

5 comments:

Annika said...

This is SUCH a stylish retro that you should sell your design off to some card company! Fab!
Hugs
Annika

Unknown said...

wow this is so fun, and what a challenge.. mmmm another newbie colour combo for me Hugs xx

Crafteezee said...

Hi Jen, you chose the perfect images for the challenge, just love her in the retro black and white kitchen. Hugs Tracy x

Vintage Milly said...

Hi, this card is gorgeous, i love the image, those corners are beautiful too, I am going to have to look out for some of those,
have a great day,
hugs,
Em.x

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

How fun! I love this kitchen set and how you colored the cabinets are great! And the red dress really makes her pop and stand out - love that! *Hugs BamBam