Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Cards

I have two cards for you today, but before I share I want to remind you that you still have a week to enter the recipe challenge at The Latte Lounge. The recipe is 1 image, 2 ribbons, and 3 papers. The sponsor is The Stamping Boutique and the winner will receive 2 images of their choice.

I have two cards to share today, neither of which use the recipe! It's too easy for me to get distracted in the craft room : )

My first card features Tickled Pink's 60's Willow. I thought she'd be perfect for a spring card. I printed her on Make It Colour Blending Paper. As I'm getting into coloring more, I'm appreciating the importance of the right paper. It's so nice to have a paper that doesn't bleed when I color! I colored her with Copics. The papers are from DCWV's Citrus Stack. I got some spring flowers at Michaels that were on sale after Easter. I added a vellum sentiment from my stash and rhinestones.

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
1. Tickled Pink #16 - spring
2. Paperplay #16 - Easter/Spring
3. Pixie Dust Studio #71 - Spring Forward
4. Creative Cowgirls - happy spring
5. Fussy and Fancy - springtime

This card is all about freebies. The papers and sentiments (check out the inside below) are from Crafter's Companion. They were free to download over Easter weekend. The image is a freebie from Prairie Fairy, I think. That's where I had it filed, but I couldn't find it in the shop, so I'm not positive. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I printed the image on Make It Colour Blending Paper and colored it with Copics. I have enough yellows I could have two colors of ducks. I'm so excited! I tried making the grass using dots, and I'm really pleased with the effect. I added yellow glitter to the happy large flower.

I'd like to enter this card in the following
challenges:
1. Prairie Fairy Fridays #51 - April Showers bring May Flowers
3. Fresh Brewed #43 - shine and sparkle
5. Paper Sundaes #66 - Sundae Bar - I used yellow, pearls, and sparkle.

Happy Crafting!

Jen


18 comments:

Ingrid said...

What a lovely spring cards you have made here!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tickled Pink stamps.
Hugs Ingrid

Unknown said...

Lovely cards Jen! Your coloring is awesome! Thanks for joining us @ Creative Cowgirls Challenge!
-bridget GDT

Imke said...

Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge with your lovely card !

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Jen, love the very cute image and pretty papers. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Sketch & Stamp.

Donna x

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Freebies are always wonderful! thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week--such a cute card!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great projects! Love the adorable chicks!

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, these are just gorgeous loving your colours that you have chosen, fab hugs pops x

Basement Stamper said...

the ducks are darling!

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful cards, Jen! I love all the spring colours.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

What fun, cute and sweet cards Jen! I esp love the little ducks

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges Sparkle and Shine challenge!

Heather Dennis
Fresh Brewed Designs
John 3:16

Michele Roos said...

Such gorgeous cards. Love the images and the colours. Hugs Michele x

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous Jen, so brightly coloured and fun. Big hugs xxx

uksharon said...

Such lovely card.
Thanks for joining us at PP this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Kelly said...

I love when someone uses a PF image for the FFF challenge. Great job coloring and I love the sparkles on the flowers they look like dew. Thanks for joining us at FFF, we look forward to seeing your future creations.

Jeanette Wallén said...

Super cool and colourful!!

Thanks for joining us this week at TPSC!

/ Jeanette

Trisha said...

Wow! What a great April Showers... creation! I love the papers and of course this image!! Thanks for playing at Fairy Fun Fridays! xox Trisha (PS-Swing by my site if you're interested in some blog candy!:)

Crystal said...

Pretty card, love all the yellow, just perfect for spring! Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes this week :)

Cat said...

Such pretty cards and bright, happy colors! Thanks for joining the Pixies at Pixie Dust Studio!