Thursday, April 5, 2012

Daffodil Birthday

I've changed days for my post on the Crafter's Companion blog.  I'll now be posting on Thursdays!  I love the new Art Kure Britain in Bloom stamps because they come in two sizes - perfect for decorating the inside and the outside of you card.  I chose the large daffodils and small daffodils for my card.  They just scream spring to me.  I thought it would be fun to let my large daffodil image go off the card for the front, so I turned my 4 1/4"  5 1/2" card on its side.  The image is colored with Spectrum Noir markers.  I added a sentiment from the Stamp It Flowing Happy Birthday set.


I used the small daffodil stamp to create the journaling box on the inside of the card.  I think it looks so elegant when the inside has a smaller version of the stamped image.  For the inside, I left it black and white and used the same papers that I used on the front to pull the whole card together.


I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
1. TPE #142 - Clean and simple
4. Divas by Design #29 - anything goes
5. Crafty Creations #164 - spring greens

Happy Crafting!

post signature

4 comments:

Tkat said...

gorgeous card! love the colour combo and the image! wow! :)

Wendy said...

So beautiful,lovely image and colours...Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Wendy xx

Unknown said...

Hi there, wonderful card - love the fresh colours and beautiful image.

Sarah

Holly Young said...

what gorgeous colors, and I love love LOVE that daffodil!!!

thanks for partying with the Party Planners this week!

Holly PTT DT