Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dad's Day with a Sketch

Hi all!  It's my day to post on the Crafter's Companion blog and I'm sharing a great way to get inspiration - papers and sketches.  Don't worry...I'll explain!  I started with the Stamp It Father's Day Tools, and I was wondering what to do.  I had a whole pad of masculine papers in my stash, so I picked out Spectrum Noir markers that matched the papers that I had.  I stamped the image on Ultrasmooth Premium White Cardstock and colored it.


Now that I had my image, I was wondering what to do with the image now that I had it colored and had my papers in mind.  This is when I look to a sketch for inspiration.  I found one this week at Papertake Weekly that fit with the clean design that I wanted for this masculine card.  I cut all my papers and mounted them on cardstock.


I did the same thing for the inside.  It makes decorating the inside super-easy.  Can you spot the difference from the layout on the front?


Yep, I missed the paper running vertically down the center.  I didn't see it in the sketch until I had put the papers inside.  I always decorate the inside first in case I want to add glitter or glued embellishments to the front.  This way the front can dry and my card will be finished.

Would you like to win this stamp?  Hop over to the Crafter's Companion Challenge blog, become a follower, and leave a comment.

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
1. Papertake Weekly - sketch #67
2. Simon Says - anything goes

Happy Crafting!


post signature

3 comments:

Doreen said...

Love your card,such a fabulous image and papers.xxx

Jane said...

Ooh I like this one Jen, the background papers work so well with the design.
Hugs
Jane

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great card! Nice layers!