Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bunch 'o Stuff

First things first, you have a few hours left to enter my blog candy!

Second things, I made a purple and lemon Tilda card. I wanted to try pleats and folds on a non-straight dress and work with my purple Copics. I wasn't happy with the way they blend together. I don't have the folds quite the way I want, but I am now happier with purple markers. Then I went for a complimentary color in yellow. I colored her socks first and had to ask DH if they looked like "pee" socks, but things got better when I added more yellow : ) Probably more of a story than you wanted. I went clean and simple on this card, with the addition of just a few lace doilies.

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
1. Magnolia-licious Highlites - use only paper
2. Some Odd Girl - complimentary colors - I used violet and yellow.
3. Totally Tilda #29 - fit for a princess

Third things, here's my journal page for the Week 4 Heart Journal with The Greeting Farm. The theme this week is The Girl in Me. I thought it would be fun to image my life in digi stamps. I used Bride Mae and Baby Snuggle Kaylee from Some Odd Girl, Isabelle and Belle from Little Miss Muffet Stamps, Zoe All Excited from Make It Crafty, Sonny Honeycloud - Poetry from Pollycraft, and 50s Sweetheart from The Greeting Farm. I put them in order of my life, me born, me as a schoolgirl, meeting DH, getting married, graduating with my PhD, and having Peanut. You may be wondering why Zoe is all dressed in orange. These are not my school colors. I was reading about academic degree colors and engineering is orange. If I'd read further, I would have discovered that a Ph.D. should be blue, regardless of the field. I like blue better, too, but she was already colored.

Happy Crafting,

post signature

6 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Jen, your card is so cute. I just love the purple and yellow. What a great journal page. TFS.

Unknown said...

Awww this is so sweet, love the purple with the yellow... I'm always wondering what colours to combine when doing a card, love this one xx .. and your journal page looks gorgeous, love all those SOG images :)

Teresa said...

Oh wow this is so sweet, thanks for sharing with us at Totally Tilda 'Fit for a princess' Challenge.
Hugs Teresa xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Aw thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at Totally Tilda, hugs Liz and Susie xx

mfc.melissamade2 said...

What a sweet Tilda card! Love the purples and yellows! Oh but your art journal is super fabulous! Love all those Odd Girls there!!! Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl for our complimentary challenge!
hugs,
M

Tasha said...

ow your card is gorgeous, love he funky colour combo. Your journal is so awesome too
Thank you for playing the Some Odd Girl Challenge
love tasha xx