Saturday, May 19, 2012

Two Tilda Cards


I carved out some time today to play with the Magnolia stamps from the recent stamp club release.  I've been super busy recently and haven't had time to do any crafting outside of my DT work.  Since we skipped a birthday party today (Peanut is sick), Peanut and I crafted instead.

I want to share two cards with the same Water Lily Tilda stamp.  The first card is clean and simple.  I'm borrowing this style from Delphine, who inspires me with every card she makes.  I love the use of white space.  I stamped Tilda and the sentiment on white card and doodled a border.  I added a little purple cardstock frame to bring out the purple in her dress.  


I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
1. Midweek Magnolias #11 - big white space
2. Tilda's Town #1 - anything goes

For my second card, I used the same image, but went in the opposite direction from clean and simple.  I added all sorts of embellies.  I was inspired by the colors in Yanitza's card - pink and yellow looks so fresh.


I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
1. TOMIC #50 - sketch + inspiration photo + use yellow
2. Crafty Catz #133 - girly time
3. Allsorts #155 - buttons and bows

Happy Crafting!
post signature

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love how you've used this same image in contasting styles! Both are fantastic and I love the colours you used!

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards.xxx

Suzi Mac said...

Oh my word!!! These are gorgeous. The top one is perfect for our Big White space challenge over at Midweek Magnolias. Thank you for sharing with us.
Hugs
Suzi x

Karita said...

Both you cards are beautiful! I love the bright colours, feels like summer is already here :)

Thank you for joining at TOMIC this week.
Hope to see you again :)

Hugs,
Karita

Anne said...

Just fantastic! I love both your cards and you did a fab job with that really sweet image! Love your colouring. Your BWS card is perfect - thank you for sharing it with us at Midweek Magnolias! :o) x

lindyloo said...

Fantastic cards love them both thank you for joining us at crafty catz
linda x

Rhonda Miller said...

Jen, these are both gorgeous.

Delphine said...

They are both gorgeous, Jen! I think this is my favourite image from the new collection! I love your choice of purple on the first one, and the cAS layout:-)! Thank you for your kind words, I'm really blushing!!! Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town and good luck:-)! BIG hugs Delphine xx

Rene said...

These are AWESOME!!!! Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town this week Jen!
Rene :D

Jo Channon said...

Hi Jen,

These are super cards and I love the way that you have used the same image in such different ways. Loving the layout of the second one too. Thankyou for taking part in the Allsorts Challenge this week and good luck Jo x

Penni said...

WOW Two amazing cards. It's so nice to see how different a stamp can look when coloured differently.

Thanks for joining us at Midweek Magnolias.

Hugs
Penni
X

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous, beautifully done Thanks so much for joining us at Midweek Magnolias
Hugs Julie P

An'Jenic G. said...

Beautiful Card! I love the simple look of your first card; but I really love the different elements of your last card. Wow did you add wire to your card? Beautiful Cards & TFS AJ~

Tina Makuc said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards !!!
Thanks for joining in our first challenge at Tilda's Town.
Hugs, Tina