Saturday, July 23, 2011

My Heart Journal

I've seen art journals around blog land and was intrigued. When The Greeting Farm announced their Heart Journaling project, I thought it would be fun to participate. I got a small sketch book at Michael's and got started. Here's the cover:
I used Modge Podge to glue old photos from a trip to Japan and some scrap papers to the front. I added some small embellishments that were on my craft table. I added a sentiment "chase your dreams" and LOTS of glitter.

I added a bookmark to the journal using the leftover baker's twine I colored for my MIC project. I added beads and a heart charm to the bottom.

The first week of the Heart Journal project is Spread Your Wings:
I used the page to write down my thoughts on why I wanted to do an art journal. I used red and purple acyrlic paint and distress inks to create the background. Then I attached papers and elements to decorate. I used Sonny Honeycloud Butterflies from Pollycraft. Of course, I added lots of glitter : )

I'd like to enter this project in the following challenges:
1. Craft Us Crazy #13 - anything goes
2. Allsorts #113 - free and easy

Happy Crafting!

Jen

4 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

I love this journal! Very cool!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Stef H said...

wow jen! this is awesome. you've been to japan????? do tell!!!

hugs :)

scotspanda said...

great work!! lovely colours

thanks for being free and easy with us this week at Allsorts and good luck in the prize draw

hugs

Amanda xx

Mummylade said...

This is really lovely Jen, great colours. Thank you so much for entering the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!