Saturday, July 23, 2011

Make It Colourful - Color Your Embellies!

This week at Make it Colourful the challenge is to color your embellishments. Our sponsor this week is Make It Crafty - yippee!

I used this tutorial to make my own baker's twine using Copics and cotton thread. I used the twine around the outside of a frame and as the holder for this tray. I painted the tray with acrylic paints. The image is Zoe Celebrates from Make It Crafty; she's printed on Make It Colour paper and colored with Copics (BG11,BG13, BG15, Y11, Y13, Y15, E00, E01, E11, E13, E17, E19). I used two different lasercut chipboard sets - Filigree Jewels and Dragonflies, which I painted with aqua glitter glue. The sentiment says "always carry a little sunshine in your pocket." I thought this bright wall hanging might be good for my office.
I'd like to enter this project in the following challenges:
3. Stamp Something - favorite embellishments - my favorite embellishments are lasercut chipboard covered in glitter glue
4. Papercutz #101 - anything goes

Happy Crafting!

Jen

8 comments:

Carole of Brum said...

Hiya Jen, I would never have thought of making baker's twine, what a great way to colour your own embelly. The wall hanging looks fab, your colouring on the hair and dress is great. CoB

Unknown said...

This is so sweet, what a fun way to brighten your office, love it xx

Maria said...

Great wall hanging Jen! Loooooove how you've coloured her top by adding the folds and creating dimension. Hugs, Maria

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute. TFS.

WencheP said...

This is so sweet. Thank you for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab creation, love the homemade bakers twine it looks fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

That's a fabulous idea to make your own baker's twine - love that! I went to town the other day and bought every color the store had only to find out that so far none of the color match my papers!! Now I just need to run to the store to find white thread and all be set. ;D *Hugs

Unknown said...

This is so cute! Thanks for joining us for the Do You Stack Up Challenge Blog Wings Challenge! Please join us again for the next challenge!

~Heather
Kurly-Q