Friday, January 13, 2012

MIC - Coloring Blades of Grass

I've been remiss in making DT cards for the Make It Colourful Challenges. I'm turning over a new leaf in the new year. The challenge this week is Coloring Blades of Grass. I used Cici since I thought she'd be cute in a fields (and she's one of my favorites to color). When I trimmed the image to color, I left extra space at the bottom. To make the grass, I made upward strokes starting at the bottom. I made them fairly long. I added a dark green spot under Cici's feet. Then, I trimmed off the bottom where I had the heavy parts of the marker. I borrowed this idea from Vicky.

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
1. Simon Says - spots and/or stripes
2. Paper Sundaes #102 - saturated colors

Here are the products I used for this card:




Happy Crafting!
post signature

3 comments:

Jane said...

A lovely, bright, zingy card Jen.
Hugs
Jane

Jennifer said...

This card has such a special charm to it! Love the grass she's enjoying barefoot! Lovely colours and great DP!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card Jen. I love the image you used. TFS.