Monday, January 9, 2012

Crafter's Companion - Lower Slaughter

Hi! When I looked at the new stamps from the Art Kure line at Crafter's Companion, they just screamed watercolor pencils to me. So I dug mine out, bought a new water pencil and got to work. I really love this one - Lower Slaughter. I love how the buildings are reflected in the water. When I was done coloring, I added iridescent glitter to all the snowy parts. I sprayed the bottom card with gold pearlescent spray and the image with iridescent pearlescent spray. These cards REALLY shine, although I can never get that to photograph well.

I ended up making a set of notecards that I've sent to my husband's grandmother. She loves to send cards and write letters and can't get out as much to buy the nice cards she likes. I'm going to post one of the notecards each day this week.
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
1. Craft a Scene #1 - anything goes
2. The Squirrel and the fox #8 - something new
3. Crazy 4 Challenges #118 - something new

Happy Crafting!
post signature

5 comments:

NancyD said...

That is a cute stamp - it makes a really nice scene for you. Love the added sparkle too. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene for our very first challenge. NancyD

Sheree said...

What a lovely scene! Great colouring and layout too!
Thanks for playing along with us at Craft A Scene!
Sheree

Jacq said...

Hi,
What a Gorgeous Notecard...I'm sure your husband's grandmother will just adore them. The image is beautiful, love the dp, the colour scheme is just perfect. Love the layout. Coloured perfectly. Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and The Fox and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Jennifer said...

I just love the scene you've used, and the way that you've coloured it!

stampinganja said...

You did a great job on the watercolouring and I can see the glimmer, love how you made this card! Thanks for sharing, Anja