Tuesday, December 28, 2010

More thank you's

A wonderful thing about having a loving family is that your daughter gets showered with presents at the holidays. This means lots of thank you cards. I didn't make my own cards last year, so I didn't realize that I'd need to be stocking up on a thank you cards. So I've been making thank you's like mad this week. I have two to share with you today.

Anne of Green Gables is my FAVORITE book. When I saw this image "Prince Edward Island" by Mo Manning, I fell in love. I'm still watching lots of Suzanne Dean copic videos on YouTube and have been trying to put some of the coloring into practice. I used Basic Gray papers and Prima flowers.

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
1. Meredith Scraps - coloring challenge
2. Phindy's Place #36 - thank you cards
4. Digital Tuesday #91 - anything goes

My thank you features Tilda. I was trying a new coloring technique following Suzanne Dean's instructions for coloring with Copics like distress inks. I didn't have all the colors I needed, but I'm still really happy with the way it turned out. The paper is Basic Grey. I added Stickles and glitter glue around the image and on her crown and slip.

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenge:
Papertake Weekly - Be Thankful

Happy Crafting!

Jennifer

21 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

These are lovely Jen. tFS.

Jen Shults said...

LOL, this gave me a good chuckle, I just finished up doing the same for my son though my cards are all the same design using some simple layouts and images. These are fabulous! I know your guests will love them!

Stef H said...

oh are these stunning! are those copic videos free????? i sure could use some help. yours are definitely paying off - gorgeous coloring!

hugs :)

Gorse Auto Detailing said...

WOW! Jen, I'm impressed! The hair on your two little ladies is perfect and their dresses look almost lifelike! Well done! (-:

Anonymous said...

Jen--your coloring is awesome girl!! I love your cards!! Blessings and hugs!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very pretty, love all the great colors!

Anonymous said...

Hi!! I adore your card! The colouring is divine and I love how you have layered the flowers in matching colours. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Meredithscraps! Good luck xx

Lynda Nielsen said...

Too TWO Cute Cards! Love LOVE LOVE the Purple and Teal Combo, those are my favorite colors, so it's no surprise there. I'm so happy that you decided to enter these adorable cards into this weeks Phindy's Challenge. Thanks for playing along.
Hugs,
Lynda

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards!
Your coloring is awesome! Love how your coloring matches the flowers so perfectly!
Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Paper Take Weekly!
I am now one of your followers.  ;)  I would love it if you came to visit my blog and become a follower too!
Hugs,
True :D

Mervi said...

Lovely cards and beautiful colouring.
Happy New year, thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly this special week;-))m

Anneke said...

Beautiful cards

Thanks for joining us at digital tuesday :)
Hugs Anneke

Anne said...

Two lovely cards, thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place, hope you'll join us again next week.
Happy New Year!
Anne
x

Tammy said...

Both of these cards are gorgeous!! Great coloring skills.

Thank you for joining us at Phindy's Place this week and hope to see you again!! :)

Lisa said...

Hi Jennifer, Beautiful cards!

Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge.

Lisa x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

A gorgeous card Jennifer and I love your beautiful colouring. Best wishes to you and your family for a very happy New Year and all good things for 2011. Hugs

coldwaters2 said...

Stunning cards Jennifer the colours on that first card are so lovely and the image looks super thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

OMG these are so sweet, love all the colours, they're fantastic. PS thank you for your comment yesterday. Sorry you didn't find your stamps.. I'm still hoping I find mine soon. Wishing you all the best for the New Year.. Hugs xxx

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, Jennifer!! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly, and hope you join us again next week! Happy New Year!
hugs, Sharon

Anne said...

They are both lovely Jennifer!
Thank you for joining us and taking the Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll join us again this Friday for our first challenge of 2011!
Hugs
Anne

Caroline said...

2 Very sweet cards!!! Thanks for joining in with the Crafty Calender Challenge this month.
Caroline x

Two Dogs and a Book said...

Beautiful cards! Awesome colouring!
Cheers!
Guylou