Saturday, November 6, 2010

Recycled Christmas Tin

It's an exciting weekend at our house. It finally got cold and we discovered the heat isn't working! Hopefully it'll be fixed on Monday, but until then there's a lot of moving the space heater around and cuddling.

I'm still waiting to hear from Jenn Zeeb with an address to send the Halloween candy (my email is jljdesigns at cox dot net). Don't forget my new fall blog candy as well.

Now on to my project...
I have several tins from buying Prima flowers lying around the craft room and I was trying to think of something to do with them. I thought they'd make nice tins for Christmas candy.

I used some clear Adam Prescott bear stamps that I received with the last issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft. I really love these cuties. I colored them with Copics. I used Prima flowers for accents.

I'd like to enter these in the following challenges:
1. Wild Orchid Challenge #9 - classic Christmas
2. Christmas Stampin' All Year Long #7 - altered gift tin set
3. Stamp Something - sketch
5. Let's Ink It Up #6 - Recycle It
6. Top Tip #8 - Christmas Inspired
7. Pattie's Creations Design Challenge #3 - Christmas card or creation

Happy Crafting!

Jennifer

22 comments:

Sandi said...

Jennifer - I love when something can be recycled, and come out looking so good as this one! Well done!

Thanks for entering our challenge!
☺ Sandi
DT Lead Team 1 for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

SuzanneK said...

Jennifer you have done a fabulous job of recycling. Love the cute stamp and the box is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along at LIIU, good luck with the challenge. Suzanne x

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These came out so cute, you can't tell it is an altered item!! Stay warm! :)

LindaS said...

I love the color mix Nd beautiful flower. Thanks for joining Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.

Jen Leeflang said...

Thanks so much for taking part in Pattie's Creations Challenge. I love your recycled tin! JenLee (PC DT2 Lead)

Patty Chalas said...

beautiful color mix..... and the bear is adorable!

Thanks for joining CSAYL challenge!!!
Blessings,
Patty

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow jenn! i'm loving this!

yeah, i heard it's chilly in FL. sure hope it's fixed soon and that you all are feeling better!

hugs :)

Dawn said...

This is beautiful!hope you keep warm this weekend.
Thank you for joining us this week at
TopTipTuesday
Hope to see you real soon.

Rhonda Miller said...

How fun. I love the image. TFS.

Cleota said...

Great job. Love recycling items! Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenges.

Cleota
DT member, Team 2

downrightcrafty said...

What a fabulous idea for using all those empty flora tins, love the creation, thank you for sharing with us this week at the SCSC
Hugs Kate xx

{Jane} said...

So pretty

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Pattie G said...

Wow, I love how you recycled this tin. What a very cute card and image!
Thanks for joining us this week at Patties Creations Design Challenge.

Curlybear said...

OMGosh this is beautiful, I love the card and matching box what a fabulous idea,

thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter: 108 Red and Gold,

Good luck, Hugs Bridget ;) x. SCSC DT

Kendra said...

What a great way to use those tins! Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up!

Claire said...

Wow, great recycling! I love that candy tin :-)
Hope you're heating is fixed. Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck!!
Claire xx

Tracy said...

wow these are both stunning, love the colours and cute images, fabulous set. hugs Tracy x

ona_i_ja said...

Jenifer, your christmas project is amazing! I love it (your image is great).
Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up this month. Good Luck!
Hugs,
Agnieszka

Shirl said...

Lovely idea for recycling, how nice to hand out your own handmade candy tin at Christmas. Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink it Up.
Hugs Shirley x x

Helen said...

These are gorgeous - such a sweet bear!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Maria said...

wow, beautiful job on your gift set. . .I love your altered box. . .such a fun project! That bear is too cute! Thank you for playing along with us at Christmas Stampin All Year Long!!

Maria

Bev said...

Fabulous Christmas set, perfectly traditional. Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Challenge this week. x