Thursday, July 15, 2010

Asian card

(2nd post) I've gotten back into the craft room after a brief absence for travel. I'm so happy!

I made this card using Hero Arts stamps and Basic Grey paper. I cut the girl's dress out of paper and colored both stamps with watercolor pencils. I added glitter to the umbrella.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Crafty Creations#76 - sketch challenge
2. Wild Orchid #1 - say it with flowers
3. Stampavie #102 - Anything Goes
4. Papertake Challenge - In the Garden
5. Bunny Zoe #2 - Summer Days (festival time in Japan is during the summer and I think this girl is dressed for a festival)

Peanut made a card today too. She really loves this large tube of red glitter that I have and she wanted a red card to match. She chose her stamps and stamped them herself (also from the Hero Arts collection).


















Happy Scrapping!

Jennifer

9 comments:

Gina said...

Gorgeous oriental image, and those background papers are scrumptious! A big WELL DONE! To peanut :D XXX

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card, beautiful colours. Fab card from Peanut too.
luv
Debby

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i just love asian - and this is beautiful.

good show, peanut!!!! love the embellishments!!!!

hugs :)

craftyb said...

such a gorgeous card...your pretty pp's are perfect with this image...love the sheer ribbon...thanks for sharing your take of Crafty Creations sketch! bx

Kiki said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. Love the image and the colors you've used.

And a fabulous card from Peanut, too!

Thanks for joining us at SAM this week.

Hugs, Kiki

Kim said...

Jennifer your card is beautiful hun....love all the flowers....from the themed paper to the actual flowers themselves! And Peanuts card is soooo adorable! :) Thanks for joining us of the debut of WOC challenge!
Hugs~ Kim

Mina said...

beautiful card Jennifer, I love those papers they are some of my favs at the moment and perfect for the oriental stamp...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's monthly challenge
Mina xxx

Sadilla said...

I love the asian card!! So pretty, and happy colours...
a big hug
Sadia

Jeanet said...

What a lovely card with the asian lady on it! Great take on my sketch. I wish you good luck in the draw of the Crafty Creations challenge this week. Hugs, Jeanet